Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Training Courses & Products
The following policy details the Terms and Conditions of DAY FIRST AID LTD. Please read and carefully consider our Terms and Conditions before booking any courses or ordering any products. By ordering our courses or products you agree to accept the terms and conditions listed and refusal to accept the Terms and Conditions means we cannot supply either courses or products to you. You may wish to retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for your own reference.
Any Customers booking courses or purchasing products through any medium (email, telephone, letter, fax or via our website) must be at least 18 years of age and able to enter into legally binding contracts.
To ensure that we can adhere to our contractual obligations our Customers must;
(1) Give us the information we require
(2) Ensure consent/permission is obtained from the relevant third parties
(3) Comply with instructions as per the confirmation letter and joining instructions
(4) If our Terms and conditions are not complied with the contract may be subject to cancellation where our cancellation fees will apply
(5) Cancellation fees must be paid within 30 days from the date of invoice
(6) Any amendments made by us and not at the fault of the Customer will be notified to the Customer as soon as possible and where necessary compensations will be made
(7) If the venue is at a setting of your choice and not a venue provided by us then the Customer must ensure the facilities are suitable and sufficient, large enough for all candidates and the courses being carried out, comfortable seating and provisions for written work, a power point and table for the trainer and suitable parking where the trainer may be able to unload equipment needed for the course. If any of the requirements for the course cannot be met this must be notified at time of booking so provisions can be made In the event of us failing to comply with our Terms and Conditions we shall be liable to the Customer only for the price paid by the Customer. We will not be held liable for any other losses a Customer may incur from failure to follow the Terms and Conditions.
(8) Our Terms and Conditions will apply to all contracts for the supply of both our courses and products.
(9) We will consider the course to be delivered following completion of the course and the issuing of certificates (time depending on the relevant awarding body).
(10) The courses we deliver are the intellectual property of DAY FIRST AID LTD (so far as not already vested). The Customer has no rights in connection with the course and/or course materials.
(11) Any courses we run will be performed using reasonable skill and care.
(12) We may use sub-contractors to provide either part or all of some courses provided to the customer but this does not affect our Terms and Conditions.
The following details how our contracts are formed and what information Customers will receive at each stage;
(1) When a course has been booked, the Customer will be sent an invoice via e-mail along with the booking conditions.
(2) Upon payment, a booking confirmation will be sent along with their joining instructions.
(3) If there are any problems concerning the invoice, booking conditions or joining instructions the Customer must contact DAY FIRST AID LTD immediately.
(4) A contract will only be established following our confirmation to the Customer of a booking. If the Customer does not agree with the booking confirmation they must notify us immediately. In the event of this, we will try to correct the problem and e-mail this to you to confirm.
(5) Our Customers have a seven day cooling off period, beginning the day the booking is placed. The contract must be cancelled by the Customer in writing (postal) before the end of this period. Any course materials sent to the Customer must be returned at the Customers expense within seven days and must be in the same condition they were received otherwise the Customer will have to pay for their replacement. This does not affect your statutory rights. However, Customers that book a course that is due to start before the end of the 7 day cooling off period will be voided of the right to cancel without incurring cancellation fees.
(1) Once the booking has been confirmed and the Terms and Conditions have been agreed to, the Customer is liable for the whole course fee, except in the case of amendments or cancellations which are covered below.
(2) Payment of the course is required at the time of booking, upon receipt of the invoice unless by prior arrangement as stated on the invoice. The booking must be paid within 10 working days if the course is due to commence after one calendar month or within 2 working days if the course is due to commence in less than one calendar month. If these conditions are not met this may result in cancellation and cancellation fees will apply as per our booking conditions.
(3) Payment to product buying will be instant through our Merchant supplier contract, all monies will be held under 30 day money back guarantee if due to discrepancies on any products that have been purchased through our shop.
(4) All payment details will be upheld and adhered to by GDPR policy.
(4) CANCELLATION POLICIES
In order to cover our expected losses from the cancellation of the booking there is a set scale of charges which must be paid by you if you or anyone attending the course booked by you cancels. Also note the ‘Exception’ described below which may apply in addition to the scale of charges. However, a full refund will be given if the booking is cancelled on the same day it was made. Cancellations can be made via telephone, e-mail or in writing. If any member of the booking cancels and you cannot fill that person’s place cancellation fees apply.
Time we receive your notice to cancel before the course date
|More than 70 days||10% loss of net course price per person cancelled before any previous offers/discounts|
|70-22 days||50% loss of net course price per person cancelled before any previous offers/discounts|
|22-7 days||90% loss of net course price per person cancelled before any previous offers/discounts|
|7 days or fewer||100% loss of net course price per person cancelled before any previous offers/discounts|
At the discretion of the company depending on individual circumstances
Please note: Cancellation charges MUST be paid 30 days from the date of the invoice. The above cancellation charges are typical charges incurred when cancelling a booking. These may differ from your booking depending on the terms and conditions agreed at the time of booking.
(5) AMENDMENT POLICY
(1) If you want to change your arrangements in any way, we will try to help you, although we cannot guarantee that we will always be able to do this as changes are subject to availability at the time.
(2) Where we can make a change, we will charge for any additional services, facilities, or other items changed, at the price which applies on the day the change is made. In addition, we will also apply charges for each person on the booking and for each item you want to change as shown in the table below. Any booking discount you may have received at the time the original booking was made may be altered or reduced whenever changes are made.
(3) We will not be able to amend the details of a ‘Late Booking’ (see section ‘Late Bookings’ for definition), unless you are prevented from proceeding with your Late Booking for reasons beyond your control, and not simply due to a change of mind. Cancellation charges apply to all amendments to courses of these types. See section ‘Cancellation by You’ for more information.
The costs shown are per change
Notice given more
Notice given 70-
Notice given 21 days
Course or date change
10% of net course price per change before any previous offers/discounts
15% of net course price per change before any previous offers/discounts
|Note : When we refer to ‘Optional Extras’, we mean anything you choose to add to your booking that is additional to the inclusive as stated on the course description, For example, transport, meals etc. If you cancel any Optional Extras for which there is a cost, we will refund the charges made for those extras if cancellation is made 22 days or more prior to the course attendance.|
(4) To avoid further cost wherever possible please avoid amendments otherwise amendment fees do apply as per the booking conditions.
PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION POLICY
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
(a) All details that you provide to us other than your bank details
(2) Using your personal information
We will only use your personal information for the purpose of;
(a) Booking courses
(b) Product Order completions
(d) Providing information to awarding bodies
We will only disclose your personal information to the following;
(a) Awarding bodies
We will not provide your information to third parties.
(4) Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers. All electronic transactions entered into via the website will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password (and other login details) confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
(5) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
(a) The payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10); and
(b) The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address)
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
(6) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(7) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
(9) Data controller
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected is DAY FIRST AID LTD.
Our Information Commissioner’s Office Registration Number is: ZA313321
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the law of England.
(10) Shipping & Packing
Shipping & Packing – please click This link
DAY FIRST AID LTD
3-5 Escourt Street, Goole, East Riding of Yorkshire, DN14 5AS
Tel: 01405 947110
Company Number: 09210721 (est. September 2014)
Relevant Accreditation Numbers
QUALSAFE number: 904666
HIGHFIELD number: 11718
RoSPA number: M411623871
IEP number: 001254